I am writing this letter to request that you be gentle with me. I have had quite a shitty week, and I really need at least one day which will not contain any of the following:
- people demanding I be in two places at once, guaranteeing that at least one person will be pissed off with me
- people who don't listen to reason, but who make important decisions arbitrarily, which will invariably result in more shit falling on my poor head rather than theirs
- people who won't do the right thing and correct these bad decisions, but take the path of least resistance, or refuse to admit mistakes in order to save face, and who will invariably blame someone else (ahem) when the shit hits the fan
- people who, 6 months after an agreement was reached (and whom we paid good money to consult) suddenly decide to change their advice, requiring that we do frantic last minute re-working. Actually, "we" is not accurate - more precisely, yours truly.
- people who are generally shitty. And poor specimens of humanity.
Will you be the day, Friday? Will you give me a break, when Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday have be callous, cold, and unkind? I look forward eagerly to your reply.
Yours in hope,