Cat Update

A quick update for those of you following the continuing saga of Iffy and Patch.

Iffy has claimed her latest victim - my copy of John Julius Norwich's "A Short History of Byzantium" has had one corner completely obliterated, chewed beyond recognition. Iffy got a stern talking to - said book was waved in her face, accompanied by strenous renditions of "No Iffy! NO!!". I hope this doesn't become a habit ... Patch only did this once, to my copy of "To Say Nothing of the Dog" (which K and I figured was logical - I mean, dogs, cats ... you know ... makes sense ... sorta).

Patch still has that problem with her eyes. In all other respects she's fine, save for a general lethargy, but her nicitating membrane keeps showing. Feeding her antibiotics has become a nightly ritual, which K and I have reduced to an art - she grabs the cat and swaddles her in towels, exposing only the head - I get the various syringes (the antibiotics come as a paste in a little syringe that you use to feed the cat) and eyedrops ready, and if we're lucky, we get it over and done with in 5 minutes. I wish I could take a photograph of Patch when we try and give her her medicine, because she invariably does this really cute thing - she'll duck her head into the towels and meow complainingly, as if to say "But I don't want the medicine!". = )

Comments

Popular Posts