The Aforementioned Panther


Panther 1
Originally uploaded by Wahj.
Thought I'd better post a picture of the tank in question since I bitched so much about it.

It's assembled as an Ausf G, the last model that saw active service. I spent this morning putting the zimmerit pattern on the hull and turret, and I must say I'm rather pleased with the effect.

(Zimmerit: an anti-magnetic paste that the Gerries applied to their tanks in the last years of the war, to protect them from magnetic mines which they were convinced the Allies had developed. As far as I can tell, the Allies never did use mines like that, but the Germans went ahead and put zimmerit on a bunch of their tanks anyway - yet another detail to try and replicate when building these models)

More photos here.

Comments

Popular Posts