Friday, May 20, 2005

Sigh. Musical Baton.

Meanwhile, pandering to the latest meme in circulation, I've received the musical baton courtesy of Terz, so here's My Music.

Total volume of music on my computer:
12.26 GB, in 2622 songs, or 7 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes, and 6 seconds of glorious music.

Clearly, the iPod's capacity for music exceeded its battery life a long time ago, like some struggling musician whose spirit is willing but flesh is weak. I had to buy an external hard drive for my iTunes library when I realised it was starting to take up most of my current hard drive.

The last CDs I bought were:
Happenstance, Rachael Yamagata
some 3 volume compilation of love songs, called, (I think) Love Songs
New American Language, and My Country II, Dan Bern

Song playing right now:
None.

What's that?

Ooh ... er ... right...

OK, there you go ... : High and Dry, Radiohead

Five songs which mean a lot to me:
(not the same as my most listened-to songs, which get heavy rotation as part of my Avoid Talking to Taxi Drivers policy and my Stay Sane on the Morning Commute campaign)
  • Closing Time, Semisonic
  • Angels of the Silences, Counting Crows
  • Java Man, Michael Hedges
  • #41, Dave Matthews Band
  • Garden of Simple, Ani DiFranco

The list is obviously much longer than 5:
  • Imitation of Life, REM
  • Round Here, Counting Crows
  • Angry Anymore, Ani DiFranco
  • Crash, DMB
  • Longing Town, Duncan Sheik
  • Black Eyed Dog, Nick Drake
  • Typical Situation, DMB
  • Fall on Me, REM
  • Aerial Boundaries, Michael Hedges
  • Black Hole Sun, Soundgarden
  • Bensusan, Michael Hedges
  • So Long Michael, Pierre Bensusan (these last two songs always one after the other)
  • L'alchemiste, Pierre Bensusan
... or even 10, or 20. But nevermind. I'm feeling my sore throat hit me again, and I'm gonna lie down and rest for a while.

Forget passing the baton: given the small size of my personal blogosphere, most of the people I know have, or probably soon will have, another musical baton passed to them, so I'm just going to let the baton drop here. = )

No comments: