Sigh. Musical Baton.

Meanwhile, pandering to the latest meme in circulation, I've received the musical baton courtesy of Terz, so here's My Music.

Total volume of music on my computer:
12.26 GB, in 2622 songs, or 7 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes, and 6 seconds of glorious music.

Clearly, the iPod's capacity for music exceeded its battery life a long time ago, like some struggling musician whose spirit is willing but flesh is weak. I had to buy an external hard drive for my iTunes library when I realised it was starting to take up most of my current hard drive.

The last CDs I bought were:
Happenstance, Rachael Yamagata
some 3 volume compilation of love songs, called, (I think) Love Songs
New American Language, and My Country II, Dan Bern

Song playing right now:
None.

What's that?

Ooh ... er ... right...

OK, there you go ... : High and Dry, Radiohead

Five songs which mean a lot to me:
(not the same as my most listened-to songs, which get heavy rotation as part of my Avoid Talking to Taxi Drivers policy and my Stay Sane on the Morning Commute campaign)
  • Closing Time, Semisonic
  • Angels of the Silences, Counting Crows
  • Java Man, Michael Hedges
  • #41, Dave Matthews Band
  • Garden of Simple, Ani DiFranco

The list is obviously much longer than 5:
  • Imitation of Life, REM
  • Round Here, Counting Crows
  • Angry Anymore, Ani DiFranco
  • Crash, DMB
  • Longing Town, Duncan Sheik
  • Black Eyed Dog, Nick Drake
  • Typical Situation, DMB
  • Fall on Me, REM
  • Aerial Boundaries, Michael Hedges
  • Black Hole Sun, Soundgarden
  • Bensusan, Michael Hedges
  • So Long Michael, Pierre Bensusan (these last two songs always one after the other)
  • L'alchemiste, Pierre Bensusan
... or even 10, or 20. But nevermind. I'm feeling my sore throat hit me again, and I'm gonna lie down and rest for a while.

Forget passing the baton: given the small size of my personal blogosphere, most of the people I know have, or probably soon will have, another musical baton passed to them, so I'm just going to let the baton drop here. = )

Comments

Popular Posts