Seven

So tscd tagged me with this meme, which has proven quite difficult. Perhaps the one thing I've learned about myself from doing this meme is that there are some things I've never really thought about.

Anyway, here, after a week of drafting (yes, it took that long), is the meme.

7 things that scare me:
1. cockroaches
2. heights
3. when it goes completely silent for no good reason in the jungle
4. Banyan trees at night
5. lift doors closing on me (also applies to MRT doors, ticket gates etc)
6. decomposed rats (long story ...)
7. loss, potential of

7 things that I like most:
1. Patch ...
2. ... Iffy ...
3. ... and Twinkle (i.e. our 3 cats. And yes, I'm sort of cheating by listing them separately)
4. trees in general (inclusive of Banyan trees, but see exception above)
5. Sleeping in on a rainy morning
6. My wife
7. Sleeping in on a rainy morning with my wife (important enough to list separately, I think)

7 important things in my room:
7 things in my room
count 'em

7 random facts about me:
1. I used to be able to put both my feet behind my head. Used to: this ended sometime in '97 after I hurt my back lifting boxes. Yes, it was a stupid accident right out of the dictionary definition of How Not To Lift Boxes.
2. I collect tarot cards
3. I was a member of Mensa for 2 years, until they asked me for a membership fee, and I couldn't be bothered
4. I hate having to repeat myself
5. I edited Singapore's first, and so far only wargames magazine (Albeit it was our school club magazine, but still. It died after the second issue, but that wasn't my fault, blame my juniors for not keeping it alive. Bah)
6. I read fast, and a lot
7. I topped my platoon at OCS, and graduated in the top 10% of my cohort. It was as much a surprise to me as anyone else, but it was also a great honour, and something I've tried to live up to subsequently

7 things I plan to do before I die:
1. save the world
2. go to Alaska
3. see the aurora borealis (probably contingent on No. 2)
4. get organised
5. exercise my way back to fitness levels circa 1995
6. write a book
7. do some good

7 things I can do:
1. stay calm
2. rise to the occasion
3. think clearly
4. talk fast
5. listen well
6. ignore idiots
7. teach

7 things I can't do:
1. file (as in papers, documents etc)
2. drink (as in alcohol, not fluids in general)
3. drive (as in a car. Though I can drive people to distraction)
4. dance (as in ... well, yes)
5. scuba-dive (I failed to complete my lessons ... sheer laziness)
6. lie very well (as in untruth, not horizontal-ness)
7. name 7 celebrity crushes

7 things I say the most:
1. "Good Grief"
2. "mmm"
3. "wa lao eh"
4. "There's nothing that rolling a steady stream of sixes won't solve in a wargame"
5. "Oi!!"
6. "Let's take a taxi instead"
7. "Darling ... are you done with the bathroom yet?"

7 Celebrity Crushes:
1. see above
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.

7 people who could do this:
1. my lovely wife
2. ru
3. TKDodo
4. ampulets
5. TOHAmpulets
6. ondine
7. packrat

tag:

Comments

tscd said…
yeah I found this meme really hard too.
Tym said…
I'm still working on mine! Argh, will try to finish it tonight...

Popular Posts