earlysomniac

I still can't stop waking up early: this morning it was 4.45am. I do the math, and it tells me that its 1pm in Calgary. This doesn't make sense: am I having a late morning halfway around the world or what? My nose is still hurting after all this time, scraped raw by the sheer dryness of the air there. The next time I go to a place like Calgary, I'll want to walk around with my own portable humidifier or something.

Had to conduct a workshop yesterday, and I was reminded again of how unpleasant some workshop participants can be. Granted that we all know they don't want to be there, and they're not happy about it, but the least they could do is be civil and polite, rather than go out of their way to be rude. I'm only really talking about one fella: most people paid attention, the rest paid lip service at least, but he was neck-wringingly aggravating. And all this in one sentence of speech from him. It's moments like this that you wish there was button that dropped them from their seats into a pool of sharks (with lasers attached to their heads, of course).

Comments

Ondine said…
Well, I wake at about 1 or 2 am every morning, wide awake and twiddle my thumbs for about 10 minutes before falling back to sleep and rising at 6 so it isn't just you that's got the f&*ked up sleep system going. :)

Popular Posts