Self-correction

Arrgh. I've caught a mistake in my postings, having labelled two consecutive days as "Day 2" and screwed up the sequence of my journal entries.

What's worse is having caught myself in the midst of catching myself in a mistake, and realising that I am possibly becoming as anal-retentive and particular as my job requires me to be. When you begin to self-edit for grammar, punctuation, and little niggly details (like making sure there are two spaces after each full-stop, and only one after each other punctuation mark), you know that the civil service has crept into your blood ...

Comments

Tym said…
Whereas I got to be a stickler about having two spaces after each full stop at some point in university --- except that it doesn't apply only to full-stops, but any punctuation mark that terminates a sentence. They're actually pretty relaxed about it in my corner of the organisation. In any case, once I leave this place, I'm going to try and switch to leaving just a single space after each punctuation mark ...
wahj said…
Gosh you are anal about this. Yes, yes, it's two spaces after every punctuation mark that ends a sentence - because it could be an exclamation mark, or a question mark that ends a sentence. But the real question would be how may spaces does one leave after elipses ...

Popular Posts