"At least it's not mush"

I hate this cold weather. I'm coming down with something again (of the sniffly, red-eyed persuasion), and I have a workshop to conduct tomorrow. That, and the fact that my other 's template went schizo over lunch, made for a miserable day.

The first thing I did when I got home was to think about what kind of warm, comforting, restorative dinner I could make. It was either mush (pronounced in this household as moosh) or chicken soup.

Chicken soup, of course. For those of you out there who need a quick fix, here's the recipe:

Take 4 potatoes. Small. Pre-washed. Nuke in microwave for 3 minutes, or however long you like.
Boil a pot of water.
Cut up one carrot.
Cut up one onion.
Discuss with wife, over phone, the relative merits of Maggi chicken stock cubes versus 's instant soup.
Cut up two cloves of garlic.
Cut up two stringy stalks of celery.
(if you're fast, all this happens within the time it takes for the water to boil and the potatoes to nuke)
The carrots go into the boiling water.
Then the potatoes. Chop 'em up first though.
Then the ... well, after this point, pretty much put them all in. Plus basil.

Boil for about as long as it takes for you to get impatient.

This is important:
Add two sachets of Campbell instant chicken soup. Last.

Serve hot. If soup is disaster, copious application of salt and pepper will mask the taste.

As I said to my wife, "at least it's not mush".

Comments

tscd said…
So what is mush then?

Popular Posts