Sick, again.

I started to feel ill at work today. It was a familiar feeling - the start of a pain in the back of thee throat, the heat building up, the chills. By the time I left work, I was feeling distinctly unwell. I went straight to the doctor, where I had to wait 2 hours - I couldn't complain though, since an old man right before me (behind me actually, but the doctor moved him up the queue) emerged from the room with a cathether , holding his pants in one hand and a bag of urine in another. The poor man was standing in his boxers, and when he told the receptionist that he was going to walk home, I felt very sorry for him, and very worried. I imagined him walking home in his underpants like that, but he told the receptionist that he lived just behind the clinic. I wanted to follow him for a while, to see that he was going to be alright, but after I got and paid for my medicine, there was no sign of him when I stepped out.

I'm taking no chances this time - lots of water, lots of rest, lots of medicine from the doctor. Maybe I can take this time to paint up some of the many figures I've got ...

Comments

Popular Posts