D70

The weekend's finally arrived, and we've yet to have a chance to test out the D70 (yes, we finally bought it).

First impressions of the D70: an impressively solid piece of equipment. It feels much the same way my Voigtlander cameras feel in my hand - it feels right. You know that expression 'nothing but net'? Well, that's the way it feels shooting the D70 - every whirr and click is purposeful and directed, there's a sense of confidence in the camera's movements and actions. This is in direct contrast with the shutter that most digital camera's suffer from. The most irritating thing I find about digital cameras is a lack of responsiveness - that's why I like my mechanical cameras so much. When I hit the shutter, the shutter goes, no questions asked. The same thing for the D70, which is very impressive.

Comments

Popular Posts